For the last few days I’ve been fighting off a bad cold. Lucky for me, it’s still holidays so I can sleep when I need to, and I’ve been getting better pretty quickly, and except for a feverish trip to the grocery store to get lemon juice, ginger, and kleenex, I’ve been avoiding contact with the world.
Knitting while feverish leads to some interesting choices. First of all, I was limited to my stash yarn, which is not all that limiting in reality, but when you get to the cast off edge and run out of the grey yarn you used through the entire sweater, some “design features” develop out of necessity.
Can you tell that I added a darker grey to finish the edging on the bottom and the sleeves?
Once I had pulled out the stash and found the quantity of grey yarn, I kept going on the theme of grey and yellow. I made a little hat. It’s a hard one to photograph without a baby to put it on, there’s a point in the middle of the forehead and also over each ear.
In the process of making the hat, I just about ran out of yellow yarn! Luckily I have a big bag of sock yarn stash, and found lots of yellow. So then, with the wealth of yellow and grey, I kept going and made another hat
And a pair of booties.
So there’s the set….that don’t match, and each fits a different size baby!
With my logic, it will just keep the baby in handknit love for a longer time! But what do I know, I have a fever…
The next part of my knitting seemed to flow from the bootie pattern, but merged with fairisle motifs, and turned out pretty good so far– don’t look too closely, there are three different greys at play!
This is the kind of knitting that needs to get finished quickly so you can remember what you did! Flying without a pattern here.
The next thing I made stemmed from the fairisle motifs I’d looked up and the stash of worsted acrylic I had uncovered. Soakers! I have no idea if they are useful, or how to size them, so I aimed for a medium size and gave it a shot. I followed the CurlyPurly soaker pattern and improvised a bit here and there.
I am pleased with how well they turned out. I have lots of ends to sew in still. While I’m at it, I’ll be sewing ends in on the pair I made pre fever
I’m pretty excited to get feeling better so I can get out and deliver some of these things!